Sunday, February 23, 2014

First Post

Introduction

Call me Dale. It's a lot easier than my given name. I've decided to start a fitness/health blog because a lot of my friends and random gym people have been asking the question: "What do you do?"  I know I am in a shape, but I never knew people looked up to me in that way. Because of my frame, size and ethnic genetics, I am never going to lift big or play in any televised professional sport. I worked with the hand I was dealt and over time developed a work out routine that had the underlying goal of "cutting up." Since, I knew I was never going to be big, this seemed like my only route.

When I was growing up as a child, my parents, especially my mom was very concerned for my size. I was small, alarmingly skinny. I was often teased, picked on and bullied at school for being the quiet, twig-like Asian kid. I was really self conscious about my physical appearance. Fast forward a couple years to high school, I started working out. At first it was home work outs: running around the block, push-ups, sit ups, pull-ups and curls with the rusty dumb bells my dad had in the garage. At first, I was shy about going to the gym for reasons I will discuss in another post. None the less, here I am now. 

5'8" 139.2 lbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment